Transportation, Technology, and Management – Research & Consulting
Cheval Research Inc (CRI) provides systems engineering, technical research, transportation and freight consulting services to public agencies and private organizations since 2002. CRI is based in San Diego, California, USA.
CRI is quality driven, results oriented, and dedicated to enhancing the productivity, professionalism, and integrity of your project team. CRI has an excellent professional reputation and sustained relationships with all of our clients, past and present.
CRI provides expertise to government agencies and private organizations in acquisition, integration, migration, and evolution of technologies and systems to streamline operations and comply with technology program requirements, specializing in systems engineering, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), freight and commercial vehicle operations (CVO), equestrian and pedestrian facility research and planning, domestically and internationally.
Cheval Research Inc is a Woman-owned, Hispanic-owned, Disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) and Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (UDBE) certified by the California Unified Certification Program (CUCP).
Transportation Systems (ITS)
Validation & Verification, Quality Assurance
Safety and Security Coordination, Implementation & Training
Transportation Technology Research and Evaluation – Cross-border, Intermodal,
Vehicle Operations Research, Analysis, Reengineering
and Strategic Planning
Collection, Web-based and Traditional Survey Design and Implementation
and Pedestrian Facilities Planning
Clients and Project Partners
We are pleased to have served and partnered with the following organizations:
· San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG)
· California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
· U.S. Department of Transportation: Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
· Port of San Diego
· Transportation Research Board (TRB), National Highway Cooperative Research Program (NHCRP)
· California Highway Patrol (CHP)
· California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
· United States Navy, SPAWAR
· Booz Allen Hamilton
· Parsons Brinkerhoff
· Private information systems and applications service providers
· Private trucking companies and Supply chain/logistics management firms
· Transportation Brokers and International Border Crossing Service Providers
The following recent projects are representative of the types of services CRI offers:
· SR125 Due Diligence Assessment, ITS Components Evaluation – SANDAG (prime contractor HNTB)
· 511 for Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) – Phase I – SANDAG
· 511 for Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) – Phase II – SANDAG
· Marine Terminal Truck Access Control System (MTTACS) – Port of San Diego
· RAAMP and TEPS Projects – United States Navy, SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego, Training Division
· I-15 Reversible Lane Closure System (RLCS) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) – Caltrans District 11
· International Border Crossing Technology Evaluation (Otay Mesa) – Federal Highway Administration
· Wireless Technologies for Commercial Vehicle Operations – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (prime contractor Delcan)
· Various projects assisting private clients in acquiring, using and integrating new technologies and systems required for regulatory, access, safety, and security programs.
A more detailed discussion of corporate qualifications and recent project history provided upon request.
Memberships and Organizational Support
CRI and/or its principles, maintain membership with and support the following organizations:
· California Trucking Association (CTA)
· Association for Borderlands Studies (ABS)
· Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS)
For additional information about our capabilities and service offerings please contact us:
P.O. Box 3005 | San Diego CA 92163-1005
© Cheval Research Inc, 2011